Friday, December 14, 2012

THE HOSTEL EXPERIENCE: Lub d Bangkok - Siam Square

สวัสดีค่ะ! I just want to share a quick post about the fun, quirky, yet still very cozy hostel my friend Nadine & I stayed in two weeks ago…Lub d Bangkok-Siam Square.


At first, I was iffy about staying in a hostel. But since I wanted to travel "independently" (spending my hard earned money), a fancy hotel was out of the question. Haha! I'm really glad Nadine suggested Lub d Bangkok-Siam Square. Upon checking their website, I was already impressed by the hostel's concept. It absolutely did not look like the other hostels I've seen online.

Though it's pricier compared with the other hostels in Bangkok, what makes this place so perfect is it's location. The National Stadium BTS is literally in front of the hostel which provides easy access to anywhere in the city. 

The view from outside our room
National Stadium BTS in front of the hostel! How convenient is that?
Photo by Nadine Postigo

Even coming to and fro the airport was a breeze & very easy on the pocket. (Airport Link City Line to Phaya Thai BTS - 45 THB, Phaya Thai to Siam to National Stadium - 20 THB) 

Detailed directions going to Lub d Bangkok-Siam Square (from Suvarnabhumi International Airport):


My once in a blue moon OC-ness being evident. Haha!

It'll be hard not to notice the famous MBK Center just right across!
Siam Paragon, Siam Discovery & Siam Center are just walking distance from the hostel as well. :)

Photos photos photos...

Lub d Bangkok - Siam Square's facade
Photo from Nadine Postigo

The "Green" Balcony

The "Green" Balcony

Common/Reception Area
The "sleeping traveler" made this photo more interesting, yes? Haha

A tuktuk in the lobby! 

Popcorn Machine
I never really figured if this works or not cos I tried some & it tasted like store bought kettle corn. Hahaha

More photos...

We stayed on the 4th, Econo Twin

Nadine's side of room
Photo by Nadine Postigo

My side of the room
If I may just say, the bed was really comfy! I slept like a baby! Haha
Towels were also provided for in our room category.
For those who are staying in the dormitories, you'll have to pay a minimal amount for it. :)


Isn't this the cutest? ^^

An alarm clock, a personal reading light and universal sockets by the bed!
No need to worry about charging up your gadgets! :)

The blanket was really comfy & warm. :)

I love how they pay attention to detail!
Photo by Nadine Postigo

Dual purpose mural on the bedroom wall
I think this a map to a famous Thai chicken & rice place.

Phone, personal mirror & an iPod dock/alarm clock. Yay!

Me & my nasty looking hair getting all settled in
Photo by Nadine Postigo

Lub d Bangkok-Siam Square's friendly staff


Clean, modern & colorful

Heading on to the theater now
Photo by Nadine Postigo

We got the theater all to ourselves! 

Instructions instructions

Looking at some DVDs
Photo by Nadine Postigo

DVDs


Freaky but still adorbs!
Photo by Nadine Postigo

Aaaah so comfy!

I think this was a Korean MV

Just chillin. Hahaha!

Rooms were nicely furnished & sleek looking, staff were always nice & helpful, they have free wifi and computers at the common area for guest use. They also host fun activities throughout the week. (Free snacks on Thurdays, Pub Crawl on Fridays, City Stroll on Sundays, and special activities during holidays)


Lub d's activity board
Thailand was about to celebrate Loy Krathong when we got there, so we got to join the hostel's festivities. ^^ (Will be making a separate post on that.)


In my opinion, Lub d's near perfect. I only wish they had a lift. It was such a struggle for a small girl like me to carry my luggage four floors up, and it was even more difficult bringing it down considering the amount of shopping loot we got during our stay in Bangkok. But even so, I still highly recommend this hostel especially to friends who are up to do some serious shopping! Lub d Bangkok-Siam Square's the place for you! :) I'm definitely going back! 


No comments:

Post a Comment