Friday, September 14, 2012

FANGIRLING: Koreans, Koreans Everywhere

Aside from the good food and the chilly weather, one of the reasons why I like going to Baguio is because of its growing Korean community. There, I said it. Haha!

We all know that Koreans primarily come to the Philippines to learn English. Some come to Manila, some come to Cebu, and apparently, some also come to Baguio. The cost of living's cheaper, the weather's waaay cooler...what's not to like? With that being said, it's no surprise that the hallyu wave has spread over the city.

Here's some "evidence":

Random K-ness

  • Geney's Ramyeon House - serves very affordable ramyeon. They had an opening for a "cook" during that time. Honestly, I was seriously tempted.
  • Under the Tree Book Cafe - I was told that it had the vibe of a real Seoul coffee shop! Too bad though cos it was closed when we went (Sunday). :(
  • Kamsahamnida Internet Shop - literally LOL-ed when I saw this. It was the most panggap-seumnida of all according to my friend, Nadine. Nagpapanggap maging Korean. Hahaha!

...and there's still plenty more where that came from!

Koreans, Koreans everywhere...and I have no complaints. :) Haha! 

No comments:

Post a Comment